Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Started w/MacBook Pro

I've been waiting awhile to purchase a new MacBook Pro laptop. The time & opportunity presented themselves a few weeks ago. Since I've recently had a serious auto accident a few months ago, I've had to scale back just a bit on client work, to give my injuries time to heal. Now that I have additional injuries, I even have more time to devote to learning all about my new laptop.

Purchasing a new computer means that I had to update all software on my Mac OS X, desktop computer. This was a good & easy thing to do. I upgraded from Tiger 10.4.11 to Leopard 10.5.8. This is the highest upgrade for my G5, pre-Intel processor. Now I also have to change a number of my Word docs in my G5 to be compatible with my new laptops' Microsoft Office 2011. It's really cool to have updated into the new decade with a more powerful laptop. This laptop was a long time coming, but as I keep saying, I'm glad that I took my time with this important purchase.

My next mission is to create some new and very interesting PowerPoint presentations on working with hoarders & how the collaborative process works for long term clutter management.

Again, as I recover from my injuries, it's great to use this time to revitalize my research. I comfortably come back to knowing that I experience so much joy in the work I do with my clients. I'll incorporate my new laptop into all this joy! My next mission is to determine the most appropriate, ergonomically correct laptop stand. I'll check out http://www.laptopstand.org first to see what products make sense & go from there. http://www.amazon.com has some really cool computer laptop stands also. The research will continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment