Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Today was a quiet St. Patrick's Day for me. But in the past I have had many enjoyable St. Patrick's Day experiences. Especially, when I lived in New Jersey and worked in Manhattan. At lunchtime I'd walk to 5th Avenue to be right in the thick of all the action of the St. Patrick's Day Parade.  I'd be clapping, cheering and joining in as the parade marched past St. Patrick's Cathedral. This St. Patrick's Day will mark the 248th consecutive year that the parade has taken place in NYC. 
Although celebrating St. Patrick's Day in NYC was a blast, I must admit that celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Chicago has also been a blast. Having a chance to watch the Chicago River turn green was a phenomenal experience.  Here is a link to a 60 second stop motion video of the greening of the Chicago River by Anthony J Stewart, photographer. Excellent video and website. Hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day!  http://anthonyjstewart.smugmug.com

No comments:

Post a Comment